Fireworks

I do a display every year and a bunch of folks from the neighborhood come down to watch so its a good time. We BBQ and start drinking around noon time and once it starts to get dark we light off a few warning shots for people to know its go time. About 30 mins after the first couple go then about every house withing 5 to 10 in any direction pile into their yards with their lawn chairs or blankets for the display. :D It usually takes about a 12 pack to keep me from getting thirsty during the show.

@ Foothead It started out at only 300 bucks but I ended up spending around 500 cuz I got some other ones last minute today cuz they just looked oh so cool and they had a buy one get one free thing at the fireworks tent by my house so I had to take advantage of that ya know. Also that BIG cherry bomb one was like 45 bucks alone and to be honest im not even really sure what it does other than light off a few HUGE mortar shots. I just have never seen anything that big before so I had to get that bad boy. If you can't tell by the picture the base of it is not plastic but it is Plywood...:D:D Should be interesting

That Laser candle one we got last year and it shoots out 120 Roman candle type things that are obviously much bigger than the regular roman candle things. And then of course that HUGE box or mixed random crap usually has a few good things in it as well. ALL in all we ended up getting a whole bunch of the mortar ones on sale today probably atleast 50 shots all together. A couple of the Box ones that shoot out a range of 18 to 100 missiles each box. A ton of those rockets shown in the picture, quite a few sparklers and such for the kiddies, (there is usually a bunch from the neighborhood over, mines not quite old enough for her own yet) And then we also got some other cool things that shoot up stuff kinda like a grand finale and I am going to wire them together so that 1 large wick will light off 5 different boxes with different things which was going to be the finale but I am thinking I am going to save that HUGE one for last. :D:D

Wow.....
Thats awesome. I wish I lived in your neighborhood.
I have one neihbor like that, but because of the fire ban, he is going to do it at his parents' house. :(
I just got a 6 pack of some random unbranded chinese mortar for like $6 at the fireworks tent. I just really hope they don't just blow up or shoot at me or something. I am considering buying some sort of toy to blow up, any ideas? I was thinking one of those spazzmatic Elmo dolls so it will be rolling aroung while it is burning and there are fireworks shooting out of it.

I have to drum through the beginning of our city's fireworks show. Good news is that after that minute or so I'll miss I've got the BEST seat, quite literally with them being launched from 1000 feet behind us.

My city's firworks show is pretty cool, they will actually sync it to classical music that is being played through a local radio station.

But I prefer blowing my own stuff up. :D

Wooo.....happy 4th of July everyone!

Don't blow your fingers off playing with your fireworks!

I don't think mine are powerful enough for that lol maybe severe burns. My dad might take me to Missouri next year, or we might pick some up in New Mexico on our way to Arizona if we go there on winter break.

Back
Top Bottom