1995 ford windstar

ringtemek

Daemon Poster
I have a 1995 ford windstar with a 3.8 liter engine and I replaced the water pump recently and I can't figure out where this part goes

S5001093.jpg

S5001094.jpg

Looks like a bracket or a mount of some sort. You'll definitely want to look everything over again to find out where it went, could be important. Don't want parts falling out all over the road. It's a small piece from the looks of it, so look at all the smaller components first (pumps, etc..)

Taken from http://www.trustmymechanic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16645&view=next

3.8L

Disconnect the negative battery cable.

Drain and recycle the engine coolant.

Loosen the drive belt tensioner, then remove the drive belts.

Remove the lower radiator hose.

Remove the lower nut on both front engine supports.

Remove the alternator.

Position a drain pan under the power steering pump.

Disconnect power steering pressure line from pump using a fuel line disconnect tool (T90T-9550-S), or equivalent.

Remove the power steering reservoir filler cap.

Disconnect the water bypass hose and oil cooler hose from the heater water outlet tube.

Remove the retaining bolt and disconnect the heater water outlet tube from the water pump.

Remove the A/C bracket brace.

Raise the engine approximately 2 inches (51mm) to provide necessary clearance for water pump removal.

Remove the water pump pulley.

Remove the drive belt tensioner form the power steering pump support.

Remove the power steering pump support and place the pump and support aside in the engine compartment.

Remove the water pump.
===============================================================

To install:

Clean all gasket mating surfaces thoroughly.

Be careful not to gouge the aluminum surfaces when scraping the old gasket material from the mating surfaces of the water pump and front cover.

Coat the threads of the No. 1 engine front cover stud with Teflon® pipe sealant, or equivalent.

Position a new water pump housing gasket on the water pump sealing surface using gasket sealant to hold the gasket in place.

Install the water pump and tighten bolts to 15-22 ft. lbs. (20-30 Nm) and nuts to 71-106 inch lbs. (8-12 Nm).

Install the power steering pump support.

Install the drive belt tensioner.

Install the water pump pulley.

Lower the engine.

Install the A/C bracket brace.

Connect the heater water outlet tube.

Connect the water bypass hose and oil cooler hose.

Install the power steering reservoir filler cap.

Connect power steering pressure line using fuel line connect tool (T90T-9550-S), or equivalent.

Install the alternator.

Install the lower nut on both front engine supports.

Install the lower radiator hose.

Install the drive belts.

Fill and bleed the cooling system. (There's a bleeder cap up by the thermostat). Very important to get all the air out on these 3.8L's

Connect the negative battery cable.

Check to see if anything matches up with that part you took off

It's just a mounting bracket for one of the front accessories. I think in my 5.0L ford, the same piece or a similar one, held the alternator on the top right of the water pump. Top right if you are facing the water pump. If you can't figure it out, go to a junkyard, and look at a windstar there, and take some pics.

It's just a mounting bracket for one of the front accessories. I think in my 5.0L ford, the same piece or a similar one, held the alternator on the top right of the water pump. Top right if you are facing the water pump. If you can't figure it out, go to a junkyard, and look at a windstar there, and take some pics.

or instead of going through the hassle he could go to a forum that deals with the 3.8's OR he can check car domain.. lol i suggest looking at cardomain.com though...

Back
Top Bottom