Windows 7 & ASUS M3N78 Pro drivers

pitbull30

Baseband Member
I was trying to load the drivers for the motherboard. When i put in the ASUS CD it says " Motherboard support CD does not support this OS"

Is this because windows 7 is a evaluation copy? Or just because its not XP or Vista?

I tried looking on the ASUS site and it says Supports XP & Vista OS. But my guess is they didnt know about windows 7 when this came out.

Do I really need that CD to use all the functions of the board? or can I just go through bios. (if i know what im doing)

Or is it possible for me to plug in another hard drive with XP on it. Configure the board with the CD then connect the windows 7 drive again?

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=DVvm9CU0G1bCC4gp&content=overview

Yes, it is possible.

No, it's not. It's looking for drivers. Windows 7 will require him to install those no matter what he does.

Usually with Windows 7, vista drivers work. Go to Asus's website and download the drivers from there and they should work.

Windows 7 runs on the system.

Im talking about configuring the motherboard. I just got it in last night. Then it says to run the ASUS CD to install the drivers and other motherboard features.

I have another pc with XP on it where I can swap the drive, but I wasnt sure if the motherboard functions & drivers needed to be ran with the OS it will be using.

All those features and drivers are available on their website. They jsut say to run it off of the CD because it's easier for 95% of the population.

Please keep in mind, while the vista drivers should work, there is not guarantee that any of the other software will.

Go here: http://www.asus.com/Product.aspx?P_ID=DVvm9CU0G1bCC4gp Choose your OS (either vista 32 or 64 bit depending on which bit-version of 7 you are using) and get all the drivers and software from there.

the motherboard comes preinstalled with drivers... they arent the newest...just wait until they come out with w7 drivers

Thanks.

Im not going to try out the Vista bios on this thing. I thought maybe there were some other functions on that CD that might do something or is supposed to be installed.

I will wait til they come out with windows 7 mobo update.

Im not even sure if I am going to keep windows 7. I might go back to XP.

BIOS is not effected by the OS in any way shape or form. The only thing that the motherboard depends on when it comes to the OS is drivers.

Back
Top Bottom