Gameing PC

If that's really his reason, he is an idiot. Watercooling is meant for high end setups that need extreme cooling. They aren't meant to run 24x7 and can be disastrous for your system if not setup properly. Get a high end air heatsink such as the TRUE. It depends on what processor you want. Depending on your budget, a C2Q will be sufficient for gaming. If you can spend a tab bit more, go i7. It all depends on your budget and what games you play.

If that's really his reason, he is an idiot. Watercooling is meant for high end setups that need extreme cooling. They aren't meant to run 24x7 and can be disastrous for your system if not setup properly. Get a high end air heatsink such as the TRUE. It depends on what processor you want. Depending on your budget, a C2Q will be sufficient for gaming. If you can spend a tab bit more, go i7. It all depends on your budget and what games you play.

He said its not for any gaming, just 'basic computering'

I suggested a Phenom 9600 and he wants more and more. Then he saw thelis's watercooling thread and wants it now.

I still dont see the point, but hey its his money...

I know, but he said he wanted a Good rig, so I suggested a decent quad-core rig that would also allow some gaming, but he kept upping it more and more...

If he doesn't listen, don't help him. This is like the situation we had with that girl and a quad core setup. I found a nice AMD quad core for $5 less than a dual core on Newegg. She wouldn't take it for some reason. It was a good $30 cheaper over the dual with this quad combo.

Yeah, some people are just like that. He seems crazy about beating his uncle's rig.

OP, Like I said, get your uncle's specs. Chances are its a lot less than you thought.

ya, pre biult blows, water cooling is unreliable, imo

your uncles comp is probably all for show.

and not everyone hasto have top-of-the-line PC's

i no urs is cheaper and betta but this one is out the ball park

Ok Foothead's is cheaper.. That makes it better to buy.
Also it is better! So what is there to debate???
If the bought one is "Out of the Ballpark" and Foothead's is even better your uncle will be "Trippin" even more.
I doubt your uncle will be "trippin" when he realizes your idiot self got a HIGHLY overpriced computer, that eventually turned into an aquarium when you totally screwed up watercooling. He'll be "trippin" alright, tripping cause he's laughing so hard.
Maybe that made you think straight.

He said its not for any gaming, just 'basic computering'

Your uncle will fall flat and die, not just "Trip"!
Your gonna show him that you payed $2800 to use Notepad, and play Solitaire.
Then he's gonna trip some more when he realizes that you Overpayed by HUNDREDS.
Then he's gonna trip even more when you show him that you not only have a computer, but also an aquarium. (Don't watercool)
Sorry about being a jerk, but buying that is the stupidest thing you could do.

Back
Top Bottom