File transfer solution

Coji420

Beta member
Hello there. I was trying to use hamachi to transfer a large file from a friends PC using TeraCopy for its resume capabilities. my friend lives in another city and we cant easily make data dvds to bring thing back and forth. I was looking for a program that can resume transfers after a loss of connection. I am slightly networking savvy however My brain doesnt like FTP and i have yet to successfully create a link. TeraCopy worked for awhile but when it lost the incoming file path it error out and the transfer became corrupted. any suggestions would be awesome im hoping for something fool proof so i can explain via text message how to use it for my friend. thanks

Unless the files you want to transfer have sensitive information, you could upload to a torrent site and then email your friend the URL.

the file is 5.58 gigs unzipped. The torrent idea is a good one. it does meet my criteria. are there any other VPN related options? I was kind of hoping to set up something VPN like so that we could have free access to eachothers shared folders or something similar to that. the torrent thing will only be a short term fix i think. thanks again!

also I'd like to keep the file available only to me and my friend preferrably no middle men other than those "friendly" folks at my ISP.

Have you considered something like an online storage solution such as ADrive. They have a free account with a 50GB storage limit. My father in law uses it. It works pretty well and has decent speeds.

Back
Top Bottom