New bareboes powers up. No picture

It should beep.
Check your manual and see if you need a POST speaker plugged in.

Its an ASUS board so the green light stays on as long as the PSU is on.

I beleive I have the speaker plugged in. On the mobo it came with a plug for all the case plugs. Then the main plug goes into the mobo.

Im looking at the manual and it says that if it failed the POST check the jumper settings and connections or call retailer.

What jumpers are they referring too? The only jumper I beleive I hae set is the CD rom because it is on IDE. The hard drive is SATA.

Here is the barbone spec...

This Barebone Kit Includes

* Asus M3N78 PRO Motherboard
* AMD Phenom X4 9500 Processor HD9500WCGDBOX
* 4GB OCZ PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory
* WD Caviar 500GB SATA Internal Hard Drive
* Sparkle GeForce 9400 GT 1GB Video Card
* Sony DRUV200A/BR DVD/CD Rewritable IDE Retail Drive
* Apex PC-389 ATX Black Mid Tower Case
* Ultra LS500 Lifetime Series 500W Power Supply

Now you are scaring me. What risers? When i pulled the mobo out of the box all it had was the mobo and the cables and plugs. Is it possible the risers are attached? I sure as heck hope so.

I will check the DVD to make sure it is on master.

They'r little metal things that screw into the case and then you screw the mobo into those so it is lifted off the case.

Here's a picture.

buildacomputer_2.JPG

son of a ^&**).

I know exactly what you are talking about. I knew it didnt seem right. Now i guess I may have jacked my board.

In my defense as a new guy, step one on this book shows the mobo, then says "place 9 screws into the holes surounded by cirlces to secure the mobo to the chasis"

Dude that sucks.
Any of the 3 in the picture I put will work.
Hopefully it did nothing to your board. My friend did it once, and his was OK.

EDIT: O yeah it will make your I/O panel actually line up too. :D

Let me know if it will still work.

I can't believe I gueesed that. It was just a shot in the dark. I figured it was something simple.

the ones mine came with are the brass type.

I also bought a screw kit from frys that contains those white ones.

I was so damn careful too. Even had a wrist strap.

let me go take this thing out and hope for the best. ASUS will be getting a email from me. No where in there book it says anything about what you just told me. It doesnt even list those on the "package contents". It just starts out about placement of the mobo and then screwing it down.

Ok foot head. So how do I mount this right. Put the gold risers into the case then take the case screws and mount it?

Back
Top Bottom