New bareboes powers up. No picture

pitbull30

Baseband Member
Just put together a AMD Quad core barebones kit with ASUS mother board. Put the final pieces on today (case fans).

I powered it up for the first time and the Motherboard green light is on and the fans are running but I dont have any picture to do the bios setup like the ASUS book says. I tried hooking it up through VGA and HDMI.

I am going to try and check all my connections now.

In the mean time what do you think it might be?

Also, this kit came with a new SATA Hard Drive. I installed it into the barebones kit with no OS. Can that be the problem? I was going to install windows 7 from the CD drive on it when it booted up.

Luckily I still have my old PC to ask questions.

Thanks!!!!

is it built in graphic or a separate card?

EDIT: A new unformatted hard drive cannot do anything to the board. Thats not it.

Another EDIT: Does it post?

it has built in graphics but also a separate card that came with it that i installed. Is that maybe conflicting with it?

I tried the card first with the S-Video plug. Then I tried plugging into the board VGA and HDMI because I guessed that I needed to install the graphics card CD prior to using the graphics outputs.

foothead is right. Good lord you made it to a thousand post =p but yeah use the onboard graphics, install OS then install new video card, with drivers.

I took the card out and still nothing.

I push the power button, i can hear the CD drive and feel the HD spin up.

The green light on the mobo is on and the CPU fan and case fans are on.

Back
Top Bottom