4chan - Why has no one shut down that site?

I was talking about the lastest attack, not rickrolling. My little cousin watches hannah montana all the time on youtube and she's 8. Them covering up thoses videos like that was messed up...

Just because Furby and George Monks are retarded doesn't mean CF should be shut down.

Also - a lot of you guys read the media "reports" on 4chan way too closely. A lot of that is BS taken out of context, only representative of a VERY small percentage of the people who visit 4chan, etc.

Heard of it; Never cared because they probably didn't have a hardware section. Actually, part of my avatar originated from 4chan if I remember.

Uhhh... yeah.. That bear is called "Phedobear" and people who post that are either trying to be funny or are real Pedophiles.
So if you think pedophilia is funny or you are one yourself.. I suggest changing it.

I'm not trying to be rude.. Just letting you know before you give off the wrong image.

Isn't 4chan hosted in Brazil or something? If its not USA, then its probably legal to host that stuff there..

Isn't 4chan hosted in Brazil or something? If its not USA, then its probably legal to host that stuff there..

Scroll up I posted where the ping comes from. Yes I suppose it could be a bounce server. But still. That is the IP.

It is most likely multiple servers that are being remotely manipulated.
207.126.64.166(4chan.org)
ISP: NETASSET
City: FRESNO
Region/State: CALIFORNIA
Postal Code: 93650

EDIT:
Just did a ping and it's still the same IP. (207.126.64.166)

Did A ping on there img server, img.4chan.org (207.126.64.181). Results are the same place, as you can tell just by looking at the subnets.

The thing I don't personally like, is the layout of how it's constructed.

I know they have topics and then you can comment on the topic.
But it's displayed as a single page of multiple open topics.
I just don't see the logical order of it. Beside the different / / there pretty much is no order.

It's based on Japanese image boards. The topics are also not completely open on the main page. They show a few posts in the thread for each topic. If you want to keep track of something, you have to open the thread in a new tab/window.

Just because Furby and George Monks are retarded doesn't mean CF should be shut down.

Also - a lot of you guys read the media "reports" on 4chan way too closely. A lot of that is BS taken out of context, only representative of a VERY small percentage of the people who visit 4chan, etc.

+1

wait so... whats all this stuff im hearing about animal cruelty?? what does that have to do with 4chan.
also 4chan won this contest and got to host time magazines top 100 most influential people of 2009. also the creater of 4chan was in the top 100

wait so... whats all this stuff im hearing about animal cruelty?? what does that have to do with 4chan.
also 4chan won this contest and got to host time magazines top 100 most influential people of 2009. also the creater of 4chan was in the top 100

There was a video of some kid abusing a cat really bad. A bunch of 4chan users helped track the kid down and report him to the police.

Wow. According to google trends. the top searcher of 4chan is... Finland?

Top country, Finland
Top city, Helsinki
Top language, finnish

Back
Top Bottom