Monitor takes to long to turn on

i think i have to agree with foothead on this one if you can save 100-150 dollars by spending 15-20 dollars that would be my first thing i would do.

foothead it's just not worth the hassle. Besides if you shop carefully you can find all kinds of killer deals. Just have to have cash in pocket and keep your eyes open. I buy a lot of stuff like that.

I'm not sure, It wasn't too bad for me.
I am 15 so I dont have a lot of money, so thats the kind of thing I always do. Besides, It's a learning experience.

Yeah it isnt working period now.

Oh wait, hahahahaha after about 20 minutes on the computer and just as I was typing this message it popped on.

I'm not sure, It wasn't too bad for me.
I am 15 so I dont have a lot of money, so thats the kind of thing I always do. Besides, It's a learning experience.

Yeah i would rather try to fix it rather than just buying a new one,it saves money and its fun and gives you a sense of satisfaction that you just fixed something :D

I wouldn't open a monitor up. They're really not supposed to be worked on...

They are considered serviceable.

Trust me, its not hard, and will only take you 10-15 minutes if you know what you are doing.

LOL I took apart my old CRT monitor and used it for an ion propulsion device... That was pretty cool. Even CRT's are designed to be opened up, even though it is dangerous.

To the OP
If you open it up, be sure it is unplugged for 48 hours. I have heard that that's how long it takes to discharge, and then, just to be safe, discharge it yourself with a screwdriver.

Back
Top Bottom