internet questions

our router is a dlink WBR-2310 not sure how fast it is, can you post some pictures of the filters, and maybe some instructions of how you install them?

also whats a hi gain antenna?

also i was looking at getting a new router, heres wat i was thinking of http://www.dlink.com/solutionFlashes/?type=1
what does it mean if it says it requires a high bandwith?

Here ya go.
ADSL_Filter_And_Splitter.jpg

Installation is self-explanatory.

A hi-gain antenna is basically an antenna that has much better reception than a normal one.

we have one of those...
what do you think the problem is, is it broken or something?

also, i was thinking about getting this router http://www.dlink.com/solutionFlashes/?type=1
what does it mean when it says on the specifications that it requires high bandwith? does that have to do with the internet service?

If you already have a router, then why on earth would you need that?

What you need is a receiver. Go with the one I posted.

EDIT: I'm not really sure how they could break, but I'd get a new one, and you have to have one on every phone, not just the modem.

oh, that might be the problem,
just to let you know, i just check the frequencies of the phone and the router, the router is 2.4 and the phone is 5.8 so that cant be the problem

the router we have right now is really slow and is horrible with online gaming, so i was thinking about getting another one.
what company would you suggest, at the moment we have dlink.

what does it mean if it says a router needs high bandwith, does that have to do with the internet provider?

It has to do with the speed of output allowed by the modem.

The 2.4 and 5.8 are the wireless frequencies. It makes no difference on whether you need filters or not.

EDIT: Is it much faster on the wired computer?

If so then go with the $15 one I posted or else a linksys or belkin.

alright so it turns out that there wasnt a filter on the other phone and putting one on seemed to fix it. i think, in stead of getting a wireless card i'm going to bring the modem router into my room and connect the computer it was originally connected to wirelessly, (it already has one built in) and use the money i save to get a new router.
i want the router to be good for online games, be wireless and wired, be up to 1000 mps wired, and be good for downloading large files and streaming videos. any recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom