internet questions

Most likely you won't be able to use 2 dsl modems on one line. I tried this one time with my dsl when I wanted to have a computer upstairs and a computer downstairs connected to the same dsl connection. Only one modem was able to be connected at the same time. I ended up getting a wireless router and a couple pci wireless adapters for the computers and I was good to go.

our internet service provider is att idk if they'll let us have more than one modem, we have wireless already set up in our house but its in another room. i could just move the modem and router to my room and plug them in to the phone jack there, rite? but basically, to get ethernet hooked up in my room i would either have to move the router and modem, or get a super long ethernet cable plug it into the modem we have and thread it through the walls and stuff???

I"M SO CONFUSED

edit: plz help (rep for people that do)

our internet service provider is att idk if they'll let us have more than one modem, we have wireless already set up in our house but its in another room. i could just move the modem and router to my room and plug them in to the phone jack there, rite? but basically, to get ethernet hooked up in my room i would either have to move the router and modem, or get a super long ethernet cable plug it into the modem we have and thread it through the walls and stuff???

I"M SO CONFUSED

edit: plz help (rep for people that do)

If you have wireless in your house, why don't you just get one of those receivers? The things with the antanneas that you put into your PCI Express Slot.
Just get one of those and hook up to your wireless network.

isnt wireless slower? and dont the recievers cost more than modems? i guess i'll do that.

also i have one more question, for some strange reason whenever someone calls our house the internet stops working for about 30 seconds, (which is enough to make my multiplayer game on call of duty 5 quit out). can anybody PLZ tell me how to fiz this, its been going on ever since we got internet, but slipped my mind before

You need a filter for the phone and the internet.
They are bothh through the same line, but the internet is using the high frequencies annd the voice is using lower ones. They have been known to interfere.

it didnt, can someone post some pictures of these filters? and how do you attach them? theres a guy who sets u wireless who lives across the street, he could help me set it up i guess.

ok, so i talked to the at&t guy and he sed that you cant have more than one modem, so i guess i'll have to go wireless. what are some good wireless pcie cards?

Back
Top Bottom