Added RAM and now im in a bad place

ryan24695

Solid State Member
I just decided to put on 512 MB of RAM and my computer and it uses DDR. I did this for my new game which needed 1 G of RAM. I had about 768. I started with 256 MB on my computer and I put on 512 MB before to speed it up and now to get it up to one Gig I took out the 256 I had started with and put in the other 512. So I have two 512's in now. But now when I get on the computer it starts and all and on my computer information is register that I have 1024 mb of RAM. But now I cant go into most of my things. Whenever I try to start firefox it crashes and keeps doing it when i start. When I try to use internet explorer is tries to connects and then freezes while connecting. My medieval 2 total war and empire total war (The game i got that needed the extra MB) worked before and now they wont open. Steam wont open. But a very few things will work like risk 2 and bitlord. I have two drives if that matters too. I also put the 256 back in after this occured and it still didnt put it back to normal.
So does anyone have any idea how to fix this, because so far my computer is unusable now.
Thank you so much in advance.

If you take out the ram you just added do the problems go away? Also, try removing and reinstalling the ram, it may not have been seated well in it's socket. Lastly, is the new 512 ram the same as the 512 ram you added before?

Yeah, what mobo do you have, and what RAM model is it?

I've never heard of the RAM still causing problems after it was removed unless it was seated improperly.

When the I take the new RAM out to put the old one back in it doesnt solve the problems. It still acts up. It was well in the socket I made sure. and the new RAm is no the same as the old RAm I bought company wise. But it is the same type. DDR, 512 (like the first one I put in) its all the same exept for the company and I cant figure out why this would make most of my programs and internet things stop working.
It seems like the things that arent working might all be in my K drive. My second drive, the one i didnt start with. Im not positive though, but would that make any more sense?

Well I have had this drive in for a very long time so I dont know why it would suddenly screw up anyway. The only thing different is the extra RAM.

Yeah sorry, I would get those if I was at my home with my comp. But since i cant get on the internet I had to come to my girlfriends house so I could ask you guys whats up so i can go fix it.

Do you remember the RAM clock perhaps and what brand it is, also if you bought it new?
What do you remember about the mobo, and what CPU are you using?

Im sorry what is Mobo and its an emachine. I have to go so ill be back later to try and figure out whats going on, if nayone figures out whats going on or have ideas Id love to hear em.

Back
Top Bottom