Hello :)

Caleb87

Beta member
Hello I am curious about hacking, or really what is myth and what is truth. I am not quite sure acutely what someone who is a good hacker can acutely do.

For instance, could someone see me writing here and by that hack my computer or steal my passwords?

I really asking just what can someone do. If someone has my mail, does that mean that if they are good they can hack it?

Just what are the limits here, and what do I need to watch for?

Thanks for teaching a curios man who knows way too little about computers :)

Reported!!

what the... Why? This section is called Security/Hacking.:rolleyes:
He isn't asking for anything illegal or against the rules.
Have you never heard of a white hat hacker?
Man hackers get such a bad rep because people don't learn things about them..

This should answer a lot of your questions.

Ok, Well I did not really understand the technical stuff, nor do I want to be a hacker. But the whole thing is rather fascinating, seems like a whole lot of work tough…

And I did get some understand from it. Whole lot of power tough.

Ok, Well I did not really understand the technical stuff, nor do I want to be a hacker. But the whole thing is rather fascinating, seems like a whole lot of work tough…

And I did get some understand from it. Whole lot of power tough.

There is nothing wrong with being a hacker. It's what you do as a hacker that could be bad.

I absolutely love finding new, different, and unique ways to use hardware and software. Just like anything else, you can use things for good or for bad.

There is nothing wrong with being a hacker. It's what you do as a hacker that could be bad.

I absolutely love finding new, different, and unique ways to use hardware and software. Just like anything else, you can use things for good or for bad.

Very true, depending on your mentality and actions.
I will state for the record I am a Grey Hat Hacker. (Definition)

Ok, now I am curios. Seeing how you are a hacker, why do you hack? Stupid question maybe, but why? And is it hard? Could someone maybe explain to me what a hacker would do on a typical day?

I am sorry, if my English is somewhat lacking. It's not my first language :)

Ok, now I am curios. Seeing how you are a hacker, why do you hack? Stupid question maybe, but why? And is it hard? Could someone maybe explain to me what a hacker would do on a typical day?

I am sorry, if my English is somewhat lacking. It's not my first language :)

The first part of hacking, in my opinion, is to understand as much as you can about whatever it is you want to hack. For me it's not so much that I am trying to hack something. If I find something fascinating, I will tend to learn everything I can about it and sometimes come up with new and unexpected ways to use or modify it. I'm drawn toward hardware rather than software. For other, it may be entirely different.

There are a lot of interesting documentary about hackers... especially from the dial-up modem period. Just watch them and you might get an insight ;)

I watched a couple and they were pretty interesting.

Back
Top Bottom