Oc

lucid15

Solid State Member
I have run into a little problem. I am trying to just OC my E6600 to 3.2 GHZ, i have a zalman 9500 heatsink on it, so temps shouldnt be an issue in my case as well (antec 900). The problem i have is when i try to OC it to 800x4, it boots up fine and everything reads perfect, but when i go to NVIDIA control panel it shows the bus at x1 instead of x16. When i remove the OC it goes back to x16. Does this sound like a PSU issue?

I have run into a little problem. I am trying to just OC my E6600 to 3.2 GHZ, i have a zalman 9500 heatsink on it, so temps shouldnt be an issue in my case as well (antec 900). The problem i have is when i try to OC it to 800x4, it boots up fine and everything reads perfect, but when i go to NVIDIA control panel it shows the bus at x1 instead of x16. When i remove the OC it goes back to x16. Does this sound like a PSU issue?

Why are you using the Nvidia control panel? Nvidia control panels are for graphics cards. It doesn't sound like a PSU issue, but more of a program issue. Also, what are the specs for the rest of the computer?

Probably not a PSU issue, but there are a few boards out there that have been known to do that if the can't draw enough power.
What graphics card and PSU do you have, and is the OC stable?

Ya OC is stable. card is a 8800 GTX, 2gb DDr2 800 Corsair memory 4-4-4-12 timings. I figured out that my motherboard is a PCI Express 1.0 and my card is a 2.0. Will this slow down my graphics card? Also, when palying a game it seems to have some green lines on some renders. Any thoughts?

use Cpu-z that will give you all the readings you need for your cpu. You can find it by google.com. I also found that dowloading cpuid is nice also it monitors cpu temp

Back
Top Bottom