Monitor takes to long to turn on

Half Evil

Golden Master
So I have two monitors 22'' Scepture and 17'' Dell. I move my mouse and the dell comes on no problem. Every time since today the 22'' takes longer and longer to turn on after I move my mouse. We're talking minutes to turn on.

yes I restarted my computer. I think its slowly dying.

No, I didnt really think of that.

I guess I would just have to go back and reset default monitor really.

Try just using the 22' monitor and see what happens. Or hook the monitor up to another pc if you have one and see what happens. Almost sounds like a video card issue to me.

I was thinking the same thing^

Until I hit my source button and my Scepture monitor did nothing but blink its little blue light and keep the screen black. It wont turn on period now, but I still have yet to try another computer.

however my dell 17'' works in both slots. I have a feeling the scepture is toast.

^ Maybe. You can sometimes buy one on ebay for much cheaper than a new monitor. I did this for my Mom's Dell LCD.

Yes, but then there are several problems with that. 1.) you have to install it yourself. Depending on the monitor this could be a really big issue. Some just won't go back together after opening them.
2.) It may not fix the actual problem, thus wasting money.

^ true but $15-20 is generally worth a shot if it could save you more like $200.
Even if the case won't fit back together, which it should, its better than nothing to have to use epoxy.

foothead it's just not worth the hassle. Besides if you shop carefully you can find all kinds of killer deals. Just have to have cash in pocket and keep your eyes open. I buy a lot of stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom