memory

You are currently on Windows Vista 64bit? Then it should recognize. If you are on 64 bit and it doesn't read all 4Gb, check your RAM to make sure it's seated.

nono when i HAD vista 64 bit it recognizes all 4 gb, but then when i switched to windows 7 64 bit it only reads 3.25

You are currently on Windows Vista 64bit? Then it should recognize. If you are on 64 bit and it doesn't read all 4Gb, check your RAM to make sure it's seated.

I can tell you mine is seated properly.
It detects 4096 mb in the BIOS, and in linux on 4 different distros. It is only windows that tends to do this.
I dont really do anything that needs 4gb of RAM on that computer, but I will on my new gaming rig, which, unfortunately I will have to run windows on.

Well this is strange...I thought it was probably just some sort of error with my computer or something, but this is making me think there might be some sort of OS error.

NDA toxicity, what OS are you using?
I'm on xp pro 64.

windows 7

May be just a deficiency in Se7en. Be sure to check your RAM to make it's in and in slots 0 and 2 or 1 and 3

@foothead, Start a thread or PM.

windows 7

Huh. I though Microsoft had fixed the problem. I did a little searching a while back and never really found a solution, but if its such a widespread problem, I'm sure there must be some sort of solution.

I'm gonna email microsoft on this one and see what I get.

@foothead, Start a thread or PM.

I've got nothing more to add here, but I am having the exact same problem.

I will post what Microsoft tells me though.

Guess not.
I tried to email them and it said I would have to pay $59 to get support.

You're welcome to contribute to the problem at hand, I just want to make sure this thread doesn't spin out of topic like all the ones we're both in xD.

Microsoft loves to charge. I'm quite surprised they don't charge you for booting to desktop everyday.
As for the RAM issue, Change to slots 1 and 3 to see if it makes a difference over 0 and 2.

Back
Top Bottom