Math Equation for you all

superman22x

Golden Master
Ok, I'm helping my dad with something here for work. He has an equation for me here, and I will pass it on to you all while I try and figure it out myself.

There is an arc with a 294' radius. And a wall that runs tangent to it for 80'. The unknown is the distances between the arc and the tangent line from where it touches out to 80'. Need to know the distances at intervals of 4'.

+1 to anyone who figures it out.

42 is the answer to life, the universe, everything, but I don't know if it is the ans to this problem.

The answer is 42.
The meaning of life is 42.
Everything is 42.

There's your answer.

Random number or are you serious?
If so how did you do it?

Are you serious? LOL It's from a movie. In this movie, the characters realize the meaning of everything = 42.

hmm.... so you need to know the distance ever 4 feet, just a list of those distances?

May I suggest finding a way to put this on a graph? An equation for the circle would make this a really easy task. Put the center at (0, -294) and then the distance will be the opposite of the y-coordinate at each x. If that makes sense.

Ok, I'm helping my dad with something here for work. He has an equation for me here, and I will pass it on to you all while I try and figure it out myself.

There is an arc with a 294' radius. And a wall that runs tangent to it for 80'. The unknown is the distances between the arc and the tangent line from where it touches out to 80'. Need to know the distances at intervals of 4'.

Green

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=turbocad+LE&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=

there's a cad program.

(it's free too).

Back
Top Bottom