HTML help

biferi

Daemon Poster
I need some help with how to get a Video say an MPG to play on a web page.

I see a lot of things about FLASH and I know if something plays in FLAS on a web page it also meens you can do a lot with it. Like move diferant controles and look at the move from diferant looks.

But I don't even know if I have to use Flash.

I just want to know how to get a Video to Play on a web page.

If anyone can help me with a simple way thanks

This should do it:
Code:
<embed src="yourmovie.mpg" width="200" height="200"></embed>
Keep in mind that this is not up to par with the html 4 or xhtml 1 standards set by the w3c. It will work almost all the time, but it's based on a user's plugins. Just don't expect 100% from it.

You say the code is
<embed src="yourmovie.mpg" width="200" height="200"></embed>

Should it not be
<embed> src="yourmovie.mpg" width="200" height="200" </embed>

No, the src, height, and width are all attributes belonging to the embed element and are therefore inside of the tag. There should be nothing that goes in between the <embed></embed> tags.
Hope this helps.
Using a flash player to serve the video is the safest way to make sure that everyone (or most everyone) can view the video, you would either have to write your own in flash, or find a free flash movie player. But the embedding of the mpg is the most simple way to get it done.

Would this not work?
Code:
<object id="MediaPlayer1" CLASSID="CLSID:22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95" codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=5,1,52,701"
standby="Loading Microsoft Windows® Media Player components..." type="application/x-oleobject" width="280" height="256">
<param name="fileName" value="video.mpg">
<param name="animationatStart" value="true">
<param name="transparentatStart" value="true">
<param name="autoStart" value="true">
<param name="showControls" value="true">
<param name="Volume" value="-450">
<embed type="application/x-mplayer2" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/" src="video.mpg" name="MediaPlayer1" width=280 height=256 autostart=1 showcontrols=1 volume=-450>
</object>

edit: oops sorry i didnt see how old this thread was..

Back
Top Bottom