Will this work? What would you get?

Those components would work fine together, however the rig that you are building would be quite a bit dated. What are you building this for?

It might be better to go with the x3 CPU if you are willing to try to unlock the fourth core. Many people have had success with it and are getting a much faster quad core CPU for less money. I would recommend the Phenom II X3 720.

Phenom II x3 720 Black Edition $119.99

I would go with one of these boards and ram though

Mobo's

Gigabyte MA790xt-ud4p 119.99 After $15 Mail in Rebate

ASUS M478T-E 114.99 after $15 Mail in rebate

RAM

OCZ Gold 4gb (2 x 2gb) DDR3 1600 50.99 after $20 Mail in rebate

Since you are using an AM3 CPU you might as well get the AM3 setup since its only going to cost about $20 more than what you already chose

Not bad.

I would like to suggest getting a GTS 250 such as the MSI N250GTS-2D512-OC GeForce GTS 250. It's $10 less and lots faster than the 9800GT. You also don't need the Rosewill heatsink, the one that comes with the CPU will do the job just fine. Do you have a case picked out?

Ah thanks a bunch..

I'm thinking about making my own case. ^^

Those components would work fine together, however the rig that you are building would be quite a bit dated. What are you building this for?

I'm building this for my girlfriend...

She really wants to start playing some mmorpgs with me. XD

looks good...as these guys are saying, you could drop cash and add it in other places to get better price/performance....

also, that power supply came dead for me the first time...so....yeah....

for a cpu you might also want to try the new phenom II x2 processor...a very good dual core with good overclocking potential and for a better price/performance

graphics card maybe like a 4850 or 4830 or something along those lines (9800gtx+ or gts250 if u want to go nvidia)

Back
Top Bottom