GUIDE: Liquid Cooling Systems

It's indirect. The higher temps are due to higher power consumption. Depending on the chip you have, you can clock to very high speeds without raising your VCore, thus the temps are unaffected. Saying WC will allow you to raise a certain clock speed is not very concise, as WC itself has nothing to do with clock speeds.
Of course the temps would be affected. Running at higher frequencies, the CPU would consume more power even if the Vcore was not altered, resulting in higher temps.

Don't like admitting you're wrong, Thelis? :D Me neither.

Well it indirectly does.

The temps caused by just barely enough power to get 4 GHz are almost too high for air cooling, thus water cooling is necessary.

That's right. I just had a slight problem with the way you worded it. Sorry for acting like a dick.

Of course the temps would be affected. Running at higher frequencies, the CPU would consume more power even if the Vcore was not altered, resulting in higher temps.

Don't like admitting you're wrong, Thelis? :D Me neither.

My point still stands... :cool:

Also, I just ordered a new WC set up.

Not very well. Newegg doesn't offer good WC hardware.

I wouldn't recommend getting a WC kit, as that is similar to buying a prebuilt PC. The best set ups are assembled.

However, if you are set on buying a kit, and can spare 50 more bucks get this: http://www.petrastechshop.com/pecoba.html

Petras is a great place to buy WC gear, and that kit is quite good and expandable. When you are comfortable, simply add on parts.

Thelis is absolutely right. If you want your loop to drop temps BELOW air cooling on a good HSF - Don't buy a kit.

Sorry to say, but no. The cheapest CPU only custom loop is about 300.(with brand new parts and barb fittings)

Back
Top Bottom