Format help

biferi

Daemon Poster
Years ago with Win 98 if you got a new Hard Drive it came with a Floppy Disk that you would use to Format the Hard Drive with.

Then you would install Win onto the Drive.

Now with Win XP you just use the Win XP CD and it Formats the Hard Drive and then installs Win XP.

But is there any FREE programs out there that will let you do a Low Level Format and a High Level Format on a Hard Drive????

See I have an Enclosure and I can put any Hard Drive into it. And then I saw a USB type of Device that you can just Plug into SATA or IDE Hard Drives instead of an enclosure.

And I just would like to have FREE software that I could do things to any Drive like Low Level and High Level Formatting.

Can anyone help???

But is there any FREE programs out there that will let you do a Low Level Format and a High Level Format on a Hard Drive????

Check with the hard disk manufacturer. They usually have something you can download.

Also, I strongly advise against low level formatting. The hard drive manufacturers use some really expensive high quality equipment to low level format the drives. Your computer won't be able to map bad sectors nearly as well, so the drive may become unreliable.

Partition and High level format all you want, no problem there.

Back
Top Bottom