Computer Stuttering

I appreciate your help, Dodge and setishock. Unfortunately, I downloaded the inf file for my chipset and the problem has persisted; so that does not seem to be the problem. After I installed the file Driver Agent still said I have no drivers for the PCI-E, but they are trying to get me to buy their software so I have to take that report with a grain of salt. I will avoid putting any stock in their information in the future per your advice.

No blue screens yet, but I will keep my eye out.

Thank you again.

Hey,

Are your hard drives by any chance running in any type of RAID config?

I had a stuttering problem every few weeks that came up out of the blue, and I'd have to restart my computer for the effect to go away. It caused everything to freeze every couple of seconds. Video+Sound. I was running RAID 1.

Turns out one of my hard drives was silently dying, causing hiccups sometimes.

At least, thats what I think, as after changing my hard drive after one failed completly, everythings fine.

Do you notice any weird noises coming from one of your hard drives? Problems with it starting up as you turn the PC on?

ALSO:

This is a longshot, but since it seems like you have 6GB's of RAM with 3 modules, could you by any chance remove all but one, and check them all? If the problem goes away, that could be the cause too, but its a long shot, because I haven't seen this problem associated with RAM before.

Hey Kage. Thank you for the response. As far as I know, they are not. I highly doubt it, but since I am not very advanced I may be missing something. Sorry that I'm so ignorant about all this.

No problems during start up, or weird noises. I still wonder if my hard drives are being accessed unusually though (too often, incorrectly, etc.).

Also, I have 12GBs of Ram. Sorry, I should have phrased that better in my original post. Regardless, I will try removing all but one. Will my computer have trouble running with that little?

Appreciate the help.

Try removing the last dimm slot for each cnannel to see 8gb instead of 12gb with all slots populated. That and the WD drive diagnostics tool available at their support site will show if either drive is running into a problem.

Since you are running WD drives keep the main download page seen at the link here as a reference. http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?lang=en

When continuously backing up game saves for the few run here on both RCs as well as the previous beta installations I sometimes will catch a jump for a split second at certain times while running the game.

Most of that I attribute to the frequent custom installs of 7 in different configurations including the array set up for the pair of 500gb satas and simply recopying those files over and over where they tend to degrade.

Fortunately the host drive is another different model 500gb added in once extracted from the usb enclosure it was in originally along with two more larger models since the other pair has been through the mill!

Hey everyone. Just wanted to pop in and let y'all know that pulling my soundcard and messing with the drivers fixed the problem. I also wanted to thank everyone (dodge1970, Atomic Rooster, setishock, Kage) once more for all their help and patience with me. I really appreciate it.

The card may have been lifted up in the slot a little or you had some debris(dust, dirt) built up on the board as well as the slot. Glad to see you have that working! But get in there with a can of air cleaner some time. :)

Back
Top Bottom