GUIDE: Liquid Cooling Systems

Most people can only get it to 3.6-3.8 on air.
Water cooling can get it to almost 5.

What are you talking about? Cooling has absolutely nothing to do with how much you can overclock your processor.

I think what you are meaning to say is that Liquid Cooling will allow you to raise your voltages substantially higher than if you air cooled it. While that may be true, your statement is still wrong.

Many people have achieved speeds of 4Ghz and higher without a water cooling set up on that processor.

Something you left out that is as important as anything else. A pump / flow failure switch. Connected to a monitor of some sort it would shut down your computer gracefully instead of letting it FRY.

Wow great guide + rep 4 U.

same :)

great guide

so if i was going to overclock by like .5 GHz would it make much of a difference if i got a liquid cooling system, or an aftermarket heatsink?

What are you talking about? Cooling has absolutely nothing to do with how much you can overclock your processor.

I think what you are meaning to say is that Liquid Cooling will allow you to raise your voltages substantially higher than if you air cooled it. While that may be true, your statement is still wrong.

Many people have achieved speeds of 4Ghz and higher without a water cooling set up on that processor.

at the 2009 gigabyte O.C. competition in taipei contestants were allowed to use either dry ice or liquid nitrogen 4 coolings

Yeah thats what i mean, and also there is a problem that the temps usually get too high anywhere after 4 GHz.

same :)

at the 2009 gigabyte O.C. competition in taipei contestants were allowed to use either dry ice or liquid nitrogen 4 coolings

Yeah, because of the voltages, not the clock speed.

Yeah thats what i mean, and also there is a problem that the temps usually get too high anywhere after 4 GHz.

Again, due to the voltages. Clock speed has absolutely nothing to do with temps.

Higher frequencies, higher power consumption, higher temps.

It's indirect. The higher temps are due to higher power consumption. Depending on the chip you have, you can clock to very high speeds without raising your VCore, thus the temps are unaffected. Saying WC will allow you to raise a certain clock speed is not very concise, as WC itself has nothing to do with clock speeds.

Back
Top Bottom