Damsel In Distress

Odd. . .

Are there any beeps when you start it up?

You could try resetting the CMOS. There's a small jumper on the board that you move from on set of pins to another. The motherboard manual will show you the position of the jumper and tell you the proper procedure to clear it.

See if enabling plug and play works. I know it sounds weird, but it's worth a shot.

How do I do this? I can't access my machine, no software loaded/empty hard drive.

Odd. . .

Are there any beeps when you start it up?

You could try resetting the CMOS. There's a small jumper on the board that you move from on set of pins to another. The motherboard manual will show you the position of the jumper and tell you the proper procedure to clear it.

Does SATA have jumpers? I didn't see any.

Expanding on what AR said. Some boards come with the sata ports disabled. Check the sata setup page in the bios also.

Okay, I'll try this too.

Thanks guys.

Now that's funny. The girl I know is Russian. :D

Look on page 2-18 (33?) of your manual. It has a clear CMOS button that you press. You computer needs to be off and unplugged from the wall power outlet before doing so.

Check that you are plugging your SATA drives in the SATA ports that are circled in red and not the ones crossed out with the 'X'

Back
Top Bottom