In Runtime
So I want to upgrade the system in my sig... and this is what I got

Processor
Motherboard
RAM

Total: 343$

Any suggestions? Im wiling to go up to about $400 if it would be worth it

Kinda need a quick answer planning on ordering tomorrow

Everything looks good... but i don't think the DDR3 is necessary at this point.

Your graphics card is going to bottleneck that to perform like it is now.

Yeah I got plans for that in the future... and I think the ddr3 is fine... I mean I could understand if I was paying100+ but its not really a diff in price and the speeds better... plus I made the mistake of not going dd2 with the system I have now... it was right as it was coming out and I figured it wouldn't be much different... silly me haha

Looks like a very nice upgrade. The DDR3 is absolutely needed as you are getting a socket AM3 motherboard.

Yeah that is a good upgrade, but as worship said the x3 720 is a better choice IMO. If you can unlock the 4th core which many people have had luck with you will be getting a far better chip at a better price. It also has a faster clock speed and is going to be better for overclocking. Even if you aren't able to unlock the 4th core if you Overclock it you will still get better performance out of it. There isn't much of a real life difference between the x3 and the x4 processors since there isn't really many programs that fully utilize the quads.

And BTW I have that board as well and I am pleased with its performance. The bios is pretty good and very easy to navigate and find things.

DDR3 RAM is necessary for the AM3 boards so @ holysky it is a good choice. Also the prices of DDR3 have dropped so much that it is good to have all that extra bandwidth especially for a Black Edition processor if you choose to go with the 720. But either way it is going to be a huge increase in performance from your current CPU, Mobo, and RAM now. :D

Back
Top Bottom