Is my PC Crap?

Archard

Baseband Member
So many people say im Getting ripped off, Im paying $1800 for this.
Here are the parts:

Intel 2 Quad 2.83 GHz/12 MB/1333FSB
Kington 4GB 1066MHz DDR2 Non-ECC
WD 500 G Hard Drive16m
LG 22xDVD Burner+/-RW.SATA oem Black
APower 860W ATX Tri-Fan Power Supply
Windows Vista Home Premium(i get a free upgrade to Windows 7 When it comes out)
AOC 2217/216v 22" wide screen LCD 5Ms DVI Black
Normal Case Fan 12V 80mm
Hardware Installation and System Test
Gigabyte S775 MotherBoard
Mouse and Keyboard Kit
GF9800GT 1G DDR3

Is this a Good Comp?
What can i upgrade?
Is my Graphics Card Terrible? Will it support games like WOW,Cod.. ETC
Is it worth it? if not, how much money am i losing.
Thanks guys, P.S i gotta buy it by tomorrow.

Good computer.
You should be able to upgrade any of it, what that does to the warranty depends on the manufacturer
It'll shoot through those games, it's a nice card
I would self build that system and cut a good few hundred bucks off it, but for the system warranty and the labour of other people building it, that's what you pay

You're welcome, glad to help

Well. From Newegg, you can get the system for $1502.90, however I couldn't find an APower PSU, so added a PC Power and Cooling one in to the price for $269.99 and the motherboard model wasn't specified, so I went for the GA-X48-DS5 at $189.99. Those may be more expensive than the ones you're being quoted, or they may be cheaper. If you were to assume that they were the same as the ones in the machine you'd be getting, then you're paying the company $300 to build and test the computer.

Is that something you're happy with? The computer itself is fine - more than capable of running the games that you've mentioned (should cope well with most current games, too).

I don't know if Newegg is the cheapest/best place to get prices from, but it seems to be popular amongst the American users here, so it's what I went for. :p

That price seems a little high for a computer featuring a card like that. We'd be more than willing to help you design a computer of your own with better specifications for less money.

Overkill and a good reason to charge extra. Funny though, most manufacturer computers are designed with just the minimum PSU's.

Over the 9800GT? An average 9800GT is about 100 dollars. An average GTS 250 is $140 and an average GTX 260 Core 216 is $180. But the performance difference is a large amount.

Back
Top Bottom