Need people to review my revised website (select few; rep opportunity)

i like the logo at the top. i just recon the whole page needs to be centered and and the text needs to be a bit smaller. not so sure about the image on the left either. on the whole its not too bad at all :)

Chuck me the link i'll do a quick over view. Can't afford to prank call you though, sorry

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. Right now, I'm sitting at the hospital waiting room at Mayo in Rochester, Minnesota (if you have heard of one hospital in the U.S., it's surely this one). My grandma had some complications with a surgery she had a few months ago, so they are keeping her here for at least 2 more days. That and work has been why my new site hasn't been uploaded yet, but that gives some people some time to see the old one I guess. Vampist and Tom you'll be PM'd the address. Thanks guys. I hope to have it up soon (haha, this time I won't put a date on it in case it doesn't happen again).

Hello all that have decided to help me! Sorry I have not updated for a while, but I was recouping for about 2 weeks after my surgery and wasn't doing anything intensive. I also decided...last minute of course...that I would try and do most of my site with CSS styles instead of HTML tags since it will be cleaner and more easily update-able. Anywho, I've never done CSS before, so I've been learning some slowly. I've got the bulk of the site done, so hopefully I can have it done soon! Thanks all!

Alright guys. Site is up right now, but with a down page on the index until I get the kinks out, check it again, and add the store page.

You can check it out at (ask me for it in PM if you want it).

Thanks guys.

Am liking the look of the site, seems to gel together nicely.
Here's my feedback
- Search engines will better index your site if your links at the top are text instead of image hotspots (although this would mean embedding your font, as it isn't native, just a thought)
- The store essentially needs to be formatted to match the simple design of the site (when it's implemented)
- Page titles need set up, i'm running firefox and they are just showing the url as the page title
- I like the text block style nav bar, using |'s as splitters, but i think you should recolour or tint the "|"s just to help the split between texts, even if it's just a little shade switch

That's what i've got for now
Overall, nice simple site
Regards
Tom

Get rid of the Geek Squad price comparison thing...looks extremely unprofessional

- Search engines will better index your site if your links at the top are text instead of image hotspots (although this would mean embedding your font, as it isn't native, just a thought)

Yeah, see, I'm not really worried about indexing though, since most of my clientele is in my general area and usually they only know me if they've heard through someone else or have my business card. But I will keep this in mind. How difficult would this be to implement? I've only ever worked with image maps since high school, in fact, this is my first website with any CSS.. This literally probably took me about 48 hours of man power to code this since I am COMPLETELY new to CSS..it was literally google for everything on this, but I'd rather do it that way and LEARN myself than come here and have people just post up the code for me, so that's my own fault and why I went that route.

- The store essentially needs to be formatted to match the simple design of the site (when it's implemented)

And it absolutely will be. It's simply going to show what's in stock and what I can special order. It won't include a cart or anything since I'm not going to sell anything on the internet. It's simply for customers to peruse what I have without having to call me, if they so choose.

- Page titles need set up, i'm running firefox and they are just showing the url as the page title

Yes. I realized that when I uploaded it but I was already late getting out the door. I will do this later though; thank you for catching that anyhow though!!

- I like the text block style nav bar, using |'s as splitters, but i think you should recolour or tint the "|"s just to help the split between texts, even if it's just a little shade switch

Sounds good. I needed someone to tell me this from the outside looking in because I didn't notice. So I'll try a few different new ones and see what looks nice and readable.

That's what i've got for now
Overall, nice simple site
Regards
Tom

Thanks for the kind review, Tom. It's still being brushed up and I'll let everyone know when it's good enough to be online.

Get rid of the Geek Squad price comparison thing...looks extremely unprofessional

Ah. Thanks mate. It was copy and pasted from my old website's pricing page and I guess I just kind of overlooked that when I was redoing the pricing page at like midnight last night :-|. It'll be gone as soon as I get back around to that page. Thanks for reminding me of this. I had thought of it earlier but kind of forgot. I think I've dreamt of CSS code the past 2 weeks. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom