mobo and cpu combo question

It was built by a third party vendor that my school went though. That is probably no help to you though.

Not really.
Use the system profiler to tell us what board you have.

that looks like an awesome deal with a quad core. I wish I had the cash. thx though. ;)

Well aren't u going to buy the C2d?

Just get 6gb RAM not 8. You wont notice the difference.

That motherboard has only two memory slots and will support 8GB, the cheapest 8GB (2x 4GB) kit I could find costs $229.99!

Jesus, $230 for RAM. I thought RAm was relatively cheap these days.

Not really.
Use the system profiler to tell us what board you have.

Intel D945GTP.

Just get 6gb RAM not 8. You wont notice the difference.

I guess if it was only 6gb it wouldn't make that big of a difference.

Jesus, $230 for RAM. I thought RAm was relatively cheap these days.

Intel D945GTP.

I guess if it was only 6gb it wouldn't make that big of a difference.

Naw. 4gb is plenty.
Ummm. 4gb kingston valu-ram DDR3
I just bought for $65 on newegg. The only RAM that expensive is the 4GB sticks. U will save a ton of money by buying all in 2gb sticks, and getting a board with more slots.

I already have 2 512MB sticks and 2 1GB sticks as well. so depending on the amount of slots for RAm I guess I could use those and get some more RAM. Maybe 2 more 1GB sticks instead of the 512MB.

What are you planning on doing with this system? Gaming, surfing, editing?

Your motherboard supports dual core Pentium D processors and 4GB of system memory.

What are you planning on doing with this system? Gaming, surfing, editing?

Your motherboard supports dual core Pentium D processors and 4GB of system memory.

Surfing, some editing and viewing movies. I was told by circuit city about 9 months ago that 2 of my memory slots are shot on my mobo so I would have to get 2 2gb sticks in order to use all 4. But from what I understand, 32bit can only use 3gb tops. Is this not true?

Back
Top Bottom