Gallery: Cases

Thinking of routing cables.

I absolutely have to have the cables tie wrapped out of the way. They don't have to be perfect, just secured and not obstructing the air flow. Well, with my current build, after getting all the hardware, I spent about 3 hours carefully assembling it and tie wrapping all the wires at a nice leisurely pace. I figured I would have it all ready so that the following evening I could fire it up and concentrate on installing the OS. So, the following night comes along. I had the computer completely assembled and plugged in with the mouse and keyboard attached. I hit the on button...absolutely nothing. As it turns out, it was a bad power supply, DOA. It has [since] been repaired under warranty and works perfectly. Remember all the nice tie wraps that I installed...all for nothing. I had to cut off just about all of them to replace the power supply with a spare in order to play with my new system.

And the moral of the story is that sometimes you are better off making sure all the parts work before taking the time to add a couple dozen tie wraps!

Snapped some more pics. I took the mesh off, and stuffed (again, did a better job this time) the PSU cables underneath the tray it sits on (intake 'honeycombs' are in the front end and the exhaust fan is on the back, so no airflow is being sacrificed).
I may not get LED fans, I like it the way it is now.

CIMG0775.jpg

CIMG0778.jpg

CIMG0794.jpg

here is mine; Im still waitin on my second gtx260 core 216, did a step-up thru evga, then I can finally go SLI and use let my rig go to its full potential. ALSO waitin on my corsair dominator 6gb then i'll be all set till the new gtx300 comes out hhaa

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

Back
Top Bottom