Ask us about the forums.

I have a question: why cant all of the old accounts be cleared out? Just go through the members list for a couple pages at any given spot and its ages before u actually find an active member. Most of the old accounts only have one or two posts, usually just a quick question. There's a little over 46,000 members, and I'd say probably only about 100 actually post frequently, or at least once in a while

Yes this is known as pruning, from the looks of it CF almost never prunes it's threads or members.

Pruning members CAN be some what of a hassle but not if you do it correctly.

For example if you pruned out all non-active members. That would be bad... Because you would delete all the old members with like 12,000 posts that only post once a month.

What you should do is prune all non-active members with 25-50 or less posts.
If you wanted to make it even more secure you could prune 25-50 or less posts and less that 10-20 rep.

Yes this is known as pruning, from the looks of it CF almost never prunes it's threads or members.

Pruning members CAN be some what of a hassle but not if you do it correctly.

For example if you pruned out all non-active members. That would be bad... Because you would delete all the old members with like 12,000 posts that only post once a month.

What you should do is prune all non-active members with 25-50 or less posts.
If you wanted to make it even more secure you could prune 25-50 or less posts and less that 10-20 rep.

Don't prune anyone.

Just do like I said and sort it better.

Don't prune anyone.

Just do like I said and sort it better.

Pruning is actually a good thing to do. It can save(depending on the forum size) a massive amount of database space.

Click, you see all the useless accounts that have been made? Yeah.. Useless waste of space.

Back
Top Bottom