Water Cooling Help

Hold on, Rohan. I'll edit this post after I have a look at all this stuff. I'm pretty certified on liquid cooling systems :p

Ok, The CPU block looks good. I, personally would go with the Koolance CPU-340 with the 1366 retention.

Two radiators...not so much. I would suggest the Danger Den BI Dual 120mm. The Danger Den BI X-flow dual 120mm would also work just as well if you wanted the barbs to be on opposite ends.

About hoses. I would use 3/8's ID || 1/2 OD for that small of a system. 1/2 ID is just too large and you won't get proper flow on such a small loop. Any brand will do.
As above, 3/8 ID || 1/2 OD compression fittings are my preference. Here's an example brand: BitsPower Ultimate G1/4 Thread 3/8 ID || 1/2 OD.

And I can't seem to find any data on the pump...

Don't forget your reservoir! :p

I've heard of i7 guys wanting to run no less than 3x120MM radiators. Also, why the individual 120MM radiators, space issues?

Really depends on how hard he wants to clock it. I think 3 120's is overkill for any 4.6GT I7. 920, 930, 940, and the 950 all can run low 30's idle on dual 120 mils.

Well, I'm getting it free with the system I'm buying. I was wondering if it was worth it, or if I should stick to my TRUE and this motherboard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188049

I want to go with a good color scheme. I was thinking red and black for this. What do you guys think?

Hold on, Rohan. I'll edit this post after I have a look at all this stuff. I'm pretty certified on liquid cooling systems :p

Ok, The CPU block looks good. I, personally would go with the Koolance CPU-340 with the 1366 retention.

Two radiators...not so much. I would suggest the Danger Den BI Dual 120mm. The Danger Den BI X-flow dual 120mm would also work just as well if you wanted the barbs to be on opposite ends.

About hoses. I would use 3/8's ID || 1/2 OD for that small of a system. 1/2 ID is just too large and you won't get proper flow on such a small loop. Any brand will do.
As above, 3/8 ID || 1/2 OD compression fittings are my preference. Here's an example brand: BitsPower Ultimate G1/4 Thread 3/8 ID || 1/2 OD.

And I can't seem to find any data on the pump...

Don't forget your reservoir! :p

I don't care if I can get better for the price. My question is how will this setup work, if it works at all.

It's really hard to get a question answered around here.

Red and black. Can't beat the classics. You'll most likely see better temperatures on air with your I7. Sorry to say, but true.

What about load?

On load? 45-50 max.

It's really hard to get a question answered around here.

I'm going to beat you ;p

Just trying to make sure you get what's good. No sense in spending money on crap. If you want an LCS, buy what is worth your time.

Yes it will work, only if you grab a res. No, it will not work as well as it could.

Back
Top Bottom