What do you guys think of this phone?

blackberry-bold-9000.jpg

Do it guy.

but... but... QWERTY phones are a waste for me... :p

I still say slvr though.

What's up with the SLVR L7i? It's the same phone as the SLVR L7 with upgraded features, but the reviews arent as good.

These are the things I am looking in a phone
- Less than $100
- Quad-Band
- Decent camera (better than VGA if possible)
- Custom ringtones

It costs me 20 cents USD per text (parents dont want to pay for the text plans) so I wont be texting much, probably 1 or 2 a month. My parents also canceled the online service, so I wont be able to use that either (IIRC). So the QWERTY is a waste.

I will just be using this phone as a regular phone. I want custom ringtones because I want to assign separate ones and know who is calling. The Quad-band so I can use it for AT&T or T-Mobile if my family decides to switch.
I want one with an decent camera because I dont own a camera. So I decided to go cheap and get an phone with one, even if the quality is worse than an digital. I only take like 2-3 pictures a month.

All my previous phones were free phones by AT&T, so I am pretty sure any phone I buy is an upgrade. My current phone is over 2 years old, and does not work anymore.

Then go with the slvr l7. The l7i was an attempt to redo the slvr because it was such a popular phone.
Quad band means it will work worldwide. What you need in case you switch carriers is unlocked, which the slvr as well as all the ones I posted are.

The slvr's pictures are OK as long as they stay on the phone, but don't expect anything great once you put them on the computer. All my ringtones are custom, and I must say it handles them well.

Plus the itunes is very cool

I only buy Sony Erricson phones now because I'm so used to them.

That one you linked looks okay, but I'm not really a fan of the flip style walkman versions as I'd never use them for music, as I have a player for that.

Nawwwww.
I had a sony ericson for a while. It really sucked. I ended up switching back to the l7 and then the VU, but I am considering switching back to the l7, and waiting for a deal on the EDGE iPhone.

Quad band means it will work worldwide. What you need in case you switch carriers is unlocked, which the slvr as well as all the ones I posted are.
I plan on using the phone when I am at China. The phones I am looking at are all unlocked, and chose quad-bands just to be sure it works on all GSM carriers

The slvr's pictures are OK as long as they stay on the phone, but don't expect anything great once you put them on the computer. All my ringtones are custom, and I must say it handles them well.

Plus the itunes is very cool
I plan on putting them onto my PC and uploading them to the internet, and I most likely wont be using the phone as an MP3 player, that is what my Zune is for. Yes, the ericsson I chose is a walkman, but I am looking at it because it looks pretty cool.

That one you linked looks okay, but I'm not really a fan of the flip style walkman versions as I'd never use them for music, as I have a player for that.

I found the flip weird, I don't like how you gotta open the flip just to answer, especially when people said it's flimsy. I won't be using the music player option. But I saw it was a phone that was fitted for my needs, but not sure if I should get it because of the flimsiness.

Back
Top Bottom