The Ark of the Covenant to be revealed

Well it's nothing more than because of my religion.
Carbon dating saying things are 12095324 billion years old.
When my religion is telling me the earth is merely ~4000 years old.

Carbon dating cant be used to find things that are 12095324 billion years old . Carbon dating is only used to find the age up to 60,000 years old . After that its anyones guess .

Well firstly they have never done dating tests on the bones themselves they use radiodating on surrounding rock . This is essentially the same as radicarbon dating but they use an element/isotope with a much longer half life

Its never entirely acurate though because fossils form in sedimentry rock whereas the elements required for radiodating exist in igneous rock so they only have a pair of metaphorical brackets to work with when it comes to this type of dating

so for example

(Igneous rock 100years old)
(sedimentry rock with fossil - no date)
(igneous rock 180 years olf)

There there is an 80 year period where the fossilk could have formed.Obviously in reality the time periods would be greater and much older than there there cold be 10's of thousands of years between which the fossil could have been formed

Its never entirely acurate though because fossils form in sedimentry rock whereas the elements required for radiodating exist in igneous rock so they only have a pair of metaphorical brackets to work with when it comes to this type of dating

so for example

(Igneous rock 100years old)
(sedimentry rock with fossil - no date)
(igneous rock 180 years olf)

There there is an 80 year period where the fossil could have formed.Obviously in reality the time periods would be greater and much older than there there cold be 10's of thousands of years between which the fossil could have been formed

That's a good explanation muz. But you can radiometric date dinosaur bones found in sedimentary deposits if the deposit it was formed in had enough radioactive minerals in it that when the bone was replaced by minerals, some of the radioactive elements got into it.

As for the ark, if they can radiometrically date to a very specific time period it using carbon 14. And if they do date it and this is the real thing, then wow this is cool.

I bet the Ethiopian Church won't let them because they know it is fake.
Think about it. If it was real, and they knew it, would they really put it in a public museum?

Back
Top Bottom