Multiple unrelated problems/terrible day...PLEASE HELP!

csice

Solid State Member
First of all, I have a Windows xp cd, but no key and I would just like to solve some very annoying issues.

First, I tried to get rid of Symantec antivirus, but it won't go away. I removed the program, but endpoint protection is still up and it still tries to perform scans. Meanwhile, I installed bitdefender because I though I was rid of Symantec, how do I get rid of it?

Second, a weird one, when I use google, while clicking on links, most of the time it will take me to a different link usually two times before it finally takes me to the correct site after clicking back and re-clicking the link.

Third, my keyboard is going awol. I have a Razer Lycosa with new firmware. All of a sudden, the keys often don't work. They also don't repeat when held. So yes, every time I need to capitalize something I have to hit shift and the key I wish to capitalize simultaneously, and it is getting worse and worse after about a week.

Lastly (I think and I hope), my Pioneer 115d drive won't recognize blank cd's or dvd's. I doubt it is the firmware, but I have downloaded the newest version, but I don't know what to do with the file, it looks like a rar file in a box. It is a self-extracting archive and it asks me where to extract, but I don't know where, and when I try it says "available target is not found". Anyways, any tips on why it won't recognize blank discs and how to fix it? I sincerely appreciate any and all help, as you can see...I need it. :(

Look through add and remove to make sure you have rid of ALL programs and software related to Symantec.

you lost me with the google thing :|

Keyboard, wireless? could be batteries.

won't recognize that there is a blank CD? have you tried to put things into the *letter* drive to see if it says "ready to be burned" I would suggest replacing the drive if it really won't recognize them. ( to extract it, make a folder on the desktop and make that the target destination of the extracted files.

I know of a program that will allow you to see what key your current OS uses. But I won't announce that here unless a mod OK's it.
It's not illegal, because since you own the operating system, the key is also yours and you are allowed to know what it is.

Look through add and remove to make sure you have rid of ALL programs and software related to Symantec.

you lost me with the google thing :|

Keyboard, wireless? could be batteries.

won't recognize that there is a blank CD? have you tried to put things into the *letter* drive to see if it says "ready to be burned" I would suggest replacing the drive if it really won't recognize them. ( to extract it, make a folder on the desktop and make that the target destination of the extracted files.

With google, whenever I am using the search engine, it takes me to random pages. If I click back and try again to go to the page, it eventually goes to the correct one.

The keyboard is wired.

The drive used to recognize cd's and dvd's

When I try to extract to the desktop, it says available target is not found.

First of all, I have a Windows xp cd, but no key and I would just like to solve some very annoying issues.

First, I tried to get rid of Symantec antivirus, but it won't go away. I removed the program, but endpoint protection is still up and it still tries to perform scans. Meanwhile, I installed bitdefender because I though I was rid of Symantec, how do I get rid of it?
Download and run the Norton Removal Tool

Second, a weird one, when I use google, while clicking on links, most of the time it will take me to a different link usually two times before it finally takes me to the correct site after clicking back and re-clicking the link.
Sounds like you have some spyware. Run this: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

It causes a windows error message to appear.

Are you sure the Norton Removal Tool will get rid of Symantec? All I have left is Endpoint protection, which won't seem to go away and is always running in my toolbar.

When I try to remove endpoint protection from program list, I get this

Thanks for the effort, but that is the most complex thing I have ever seen, I would rather buy a new copy of XP.

Malwarebytes won't open, nothing happens when I try, just a load icon for about a second.

Back
Top Bottom