Computer help: problems connecting to internet and sound (somehow related?)

ziplockclock

Beta member
Ive been having problems with my computer ever since i unplugegd it to move into my new place, specifically the sound and internet connection (mainly Wireless Zero Configuration{WZC}).

SYSTEM INFO:
I am running windows xp with sp 3, lynksys usb wireless adapter, realtek audio manager. i have a logitech webcam if that relates to the sound problem as well. (all of which worked well before i unplugged my computer)

PROBLEMS AND SYMPTOMS:
The internet connection problem goes as follows. When the computer starts up the wireless starts connecting but then stops and reports the error along the lines of windows could not connect to the connection. when i right click the view wireless connections instad of listing the places i can connect to it has a message informing me that the Wireless Zero Configuration cannot sonnect to any connection and if i have another program that i set to configer connections that i should use that program.

My computer does not play sounds after i start up my computer. If i go into my zune player it gives me a error saying that there is no sound device or they are not working and plese try again later.

The computer also loads up very slowly from the point of where you choose your profile. It takes about 10 minutes to load up the entire system vs the normal 2-3 min.

THINGS I HAVE TRIED AND THEIR RESULTS:
I can fix the sound problem by going into the device manager and uninstalling the sound device(realtek audio manager) and then scanning for hardware updates. After that all sounds work fine and i can play music and sound stuff.

I have tried uninstalling and scanning for updates with the wireless adapter and nothing major changes. The only thing that does happen is a little yellow bubble pops up and tells me that wireless networks have been detected and to click her to see which one i want to connect to. but when i do, it just says the same error message.

I have gone into the services panel (via services.msc) and enabled the Wireless Zero Configuration, it was set to automatic but i still had to press start. i have also tried enabeling (if they were not already running) plug and play, Remote procedure call(RPC), and RPC locator. (both RPC and RPC locator do not start when i press start)

All these problems came after the comp was unplugged if that had anything to do with it (doubt it). everything was working fine and dandy up till that point. i dont know what else to try. i dont want to system restart because i will lose my photoshop (lost my disk) and other programs that i cannot afford to buy again.

Thanks for any help.

Back
Top Bottom