New projector!!!!!

Oh, sorry I assumed 360.

Buy the component cables for the xbox, most games support at least 480p which will give you 60hz vs. 30hz. Some games, sports usually, support 720p. MVP Baseball 2005 i know supports 1080i (yes, on the xbox) i used to play that game ALL the time on my projector.

i have the component cable, but the projector doesn't have a component input.

The xbox is able to display HD?!
I thought that was only added res. if played on the 360.

Could it be something to do with the refresh rate? Or that PAL/NTSC business? Try experimenting with the settings on the Xbox.

OK. I can wait a week for the one that will come with my new monitor though. Can it display in 800x600 or will I just be downscaling?

The xbox will display 480p in most games, which isn't true HD. Though most people think.

As I said earlier, 480p just has a higher refresh rate which is why your PS2 and other devices don't look as smooth as the PC does, they're running in 480i (30hz) while the PC runs at 60hz or above.

Once you get the HD cables and can run 480p I'll bet ya the display is smooth.

Yes, PS2 does have component cables though I'm not quite sure if it supports HD, you'll at least get better quality picture with the component cables.

I don't have a Tivo, so can't help ya there..

Not sure, i know it's digital, but idk if it's progressive, it very well could be though.

Back
Top Bottom