New projector!!!!!

foothead

Omnicide now.
So my projector just came in about an hour ago. I have it hooked up to my tivo, and I am watching the college world series on it. LSU is doing pretty well. Anyway, it seems very good for $200, aand it is very bright. I am having a few problems with it though.

The picture seems to be a little flickery. This is about the only way I can describe it. It is not noticeable on cable, but the video the xbox plays when I turn it on seems to flicker slightly.

The picture seems to be a bit grainy. I'm not sure if maybe it's my cable, or what, but it is noticeable if I look for it, but not reallly if I don't think about it.

When it came, the bulb had 373 hours already on it. The auction said it would be coing with a brand new bulb. I am trying to decide if it is worth it to send this back in over that, but it did say NEW.

Overall, I am very pleased, but all of these things bother me a bit. Is it normal, or is there something wrong with mine?

EDIT: It's a dell 1100mp DLP projector.

What have you got that proves the lamps use? It might be that the bulb has been replaced but the counter not reset. Inspect the bulb

Try connecting a computer to it. Use its native resolution, and see how the picture turns out.

OK. Yeah. It looked better, but now I am noticing some scrolling horizontal lines on very dark scenes.

O and yep. the bulb was new.

Now it is jumping between 2 brightnesses. I think I am going to have to exchange it.

What do you have it projecting on? Are you using an actual projector screen?

DLP's are notorious for what you're describing. They have a colorwheel that spins and the mirrors adjust rapidly to display the different colors as the wheel turns. The reason the xbox looks "flickery" is because it's not running at the proper refresh rate. Try running it at a lower resolution, like 720p instead of 1080i.

Also, play with some of the settings on the projector. Mine has movie, game and computer display modes with other modes as well. Some display picture different than others.

DLP's are notorious for what you're describing. They have a colorwheel that spins and the mirrors adjust rapidly to display the different colors as the wheel turns. The reason the xbox looks "flickery" is because it's not running at the proper refresh rate. Try running it at a lower resolution, like 720p instead of 1080i.

Also, play with some of the settings on the projector. Mine has movie, game and computer display modes with other modes as well. Some display picture different than others.

Yeah. I got that with the colorwheel and everything. I have never seen it that ad before, though.

???!!! The xbox is 480i only...How could I set it to 800x600?!
I dont think anything except computers use that resolution.
The brightness switching were because my brother scratching the DVD I was playing

LSU won the world series !!!!!! WOOP!!! WOOP!!!
GO TIGERS!!!!!

Oh, sorry I assumed 360.

Buy the component cables for the xbox, most games support at least 480p which will give you 60hz vs. 30hz. Some games, sports usually, support 720p. MVP Baseball 2005 i know supports 1080i (yes, on the xbox) i used to play that game ALL the time on my projector.

Back
Top Bottom