Nintendo Wii

And that attitude is why America has a health problem.

No offense but that is retarded statement. First of all I work all day, is it so wrong that I want to come home and relax on the couch with out spending alot of energy after a long day?

Second of all do you really thing moving your arms around a bit is THAT much more exercise than moving your fingers? hahaha, right.

Listen.....If you want America to become more active, get rid of video games all together. Playing one system that makes you move a bit is just as lazy and bad as a system that uses a traditional controller.

So no, having a Wii is not "Better" for the American attitude and health.

You will get sick of it. I had a wii and thought the very same thing. 6 months later it was collecting dust. The games suck, its only redeeming quality is that it makes a good party machine.
I agree

I thought it was awesome, for three months.
I'm the type of guy who can play the same level of Splinter Cell for a LONG time, and I won't get bored. Wii just didn't fit me.
The only game I ever got was Wii Sports, I never got more as it bored me.
You play some boxing, and then you realize that you could just go outside and do the same thing?
Also there are stupid games. You really think I'll buy a $250 system to play a carnival game where I throw pins and a ball?
Some people will like it others won't.
My friends who have it don't even use the "Motion" things.
They just sit on the couch and just wave their hands up and down when they are boxing.
You guys may like it, it didn't fit me though.
Worst part is I stood for two hours outside of Toys "R" Us to get it.

Also there are some added "Risks"
watch

watch

See? You can do the same outside without risk of breaking your HD tv.

Yep. Pretty much. You said everything I was thinking. :)

I agree with you on the wii too. The motion tracking is just a gimmick. I have the PS2 eye toy. Yes, I know it is very crudee, but it works just as well, if not better, and sony did a good job with the integration into the games.

No offense but that is retarded statement. First of all I work all day, is it so wrong that I want to come home and relax on the couch with out spending alot of energy after a long day?

No, but I'm willing to bet if you are unwilling to spend the energy required to play wii that you are unwilling to do any serious exercise.

hook your wii mote up to your comp for some real fun haha
the systems a joke the controller is amazing

No, but I'm willing to bet if you are unwilling to spend the energy required to play wii that you are unwilling to do any serious exercise.

WOW you really are something arent you? Since when does waving your arms around qualify you for being fit? jesus give me a break.

Not that its any of your business but I run 5km every morning before work, I get up at 5am, get to the gym at 5:30am, run, shower and get to work, EVERY day.

So how does not wanting to play a childish system where you have to slightly move your arms have ANYTHING to do with my fitness????

You really need to rethink before you hit "submit reply"

WOW you really are something arent you? Since when does waving your arms around qualify you for being fit? jesus give me a break.

Ironic, we think alike.
But come on let's not argue, we have different points of view, and we all have opinions.
By no means does the Wii play ANY role in America's diets and exercise, but it CAN help.
If you have a lazy kid that lies down while playing Xbox, Wii can help, sorta, by making him sit, other then that it won't help.

So how does not wanting to play a childish system where you have to slightly move your arms have ANYTHING to do with my fitness????

Because there are still MANY people that think that the wii is too much work for video games. If that is too much work, do you think they've ever walked anywhere except from parking lot to where they can get themselves a rascal?

Back
Top Bottom