What is the difference between 3M, 10M, VGA photo sizes?

VGA equals a resolution of 640 x 480. I'd assume the other settings are revolved around megapixels.

These are just function to allow more or less images on your memory card at once.

3MP (Mega Pixels) is approx 1936 x 1552 in resolution at 3,004,672 pixels.

Same goes for 10MP being approx 3536 x 2832 in resolution, at 10,013,952 pixels.

VGA is the standard equivilant you see web cameras functioning at; 640 x 480 or 0.3 MP

The more MP, the more pixels basically, but that doesn't always mean better pictures.

Since your camera looks like a 10MP camera though, it is basically shrinking the images down after processing, storing less pixels (less detail), but shrinking the file size down also.

It seems like your camera saves files in JPEG as default which means the files won't be THAT big, but it depends on the setting. Preferably I'd set the camera to save at max MP, to allow cropping, etc. But this is a list of the standard JPEG compressions used:

Fine being the highest quality (less compression; use it), Standard, and of course, then Basic (worst quality; avoid it at all costs)

These are just function to allow more or less images on your memory card at once.

3MP (Mega Pixels) is approx 1936 x 1552 in resolution at 3,004,672 pixels.

Same goes for 10MP being approx 3536 x 2832 in resolution, at 10,013,952 pixels.

VGA is the standard equivilant you see web cameras functioning at; 640 x 480 or 0.3 MP

The more MP, the more pixels basically, but that doesn't always mean better pictures.

Since your camera looks like a 10MP camera though, it is basically shrinking the images down after processing, storing less pixels (less detail), but shrinking the file size down also.

It seems like your camera saves files in JPEG as default which means the files won't be THAT big, but it depends on the setting. Preferably I'd set the camera to save at max MP, to allow cropping, etc. But this is a list of the standard JPEG compressions used:

Fine being the highest quality (less compression; use it), Standard, and of course, then Basic (worst quality; avoid it at all costs)

how do you know wat my camera is...

Back
Top Bottom