What is your pwn music?

root_assassin

In Runtime
When playing games what is the music you pwn 2?
For me i would say for games like C.S.S and quake i like to listen to combichrist and sometimes johnny cash:)

I tend to listen to the game music too, even if its those damn EA Trax ones, that annoy me.
I much prefer companies to make they're own music, and have that in the game, than ones from other bands, to be honest.

Thats why I love game music in general, and is why for instance why I downloaded 10's of thousands of music in tracker format (legal) and I'm listening to a wide range of them at the moment, in a kewl little player called the XMplayer.

Mega drive music back in the day was the best in my opinion. I have a whole collection of them too, and the same with Snes, Nes, etc, all playable in Winamp using plugins.

Trance music is a good form of music to listen to though while gaming sometimes.

In FSX, I'll generally play some trance / techno / electronic types of music because playing those while flying can provide some interesting experiences. Occasionally, when I jump in the F-14, I'll blast Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins. That song became an icon for the F-14 in Top Gun.

The more I think about it, the more it seems I play electronic types of music in all of my games that I decide I want to play music in. :D

I listen to almost everything. But when I want to pwn, I always know straight where to go. Children of Bodom - Hate Crew Deathroll.

I actually did a test on this...

I played five games with no music of COD4. (PS3)
I then took the scores, kills, and deaths of those matches.

I then played C.O.B. and got into the music.
Played five more rounds in the same game, with the general same people.
I took the scores, kills, and deaths once more.

I found that I play significantly better while listening to C.O.B.
I have not tried this yet with other music. I should though.
I think C.O.B. works nicely with COD4 because it's very fast paced.

I think to make it a more accurate test you need to run it alot more times than 5, that way you have more of a chace of eliminating fluke sprees. Interesting Idea tho

lol i like it when people are listening to music and playing fps games LOL just run up behind them, follow them around... haha shoot them in the back of the head after your done laughing so hard... yeah music while playing fps games SUCKS u need sound!

Back
Top Bottom