SLI questions and stuff

It's recommended to have at least a 750W for a GTX 260 SLI setup. PC Power & Cooling makes one of the best power supplies available. Since you already have a GTX 260, if you can get another at a good price, it would be worth the upgrade. They scale very nicely in SLI.

Have you looked at EVGA's Step-Up program to see if you can get a more powerful card such as the GTX 285?

here's a link to most everything you need to know about SLI: SLI Zone :D

i cant do another step up because i had a evga 9800GT and i stepped up to a gtx 260

but I think I'm just going to save my money and go with what i have for now, Thanks everyone for the help and sorry

Nothing to be sorry about. That's what were here for. It's good to get all the information you can before making a purchase. :D

Your GA-MA790GP-UD4H does not support SLI. That's an AMD chipset based board and only supports ATI Crossfire operation. You would need an Nvidia chipset based motherboard for SLI.

You would need something like this: ASUS M4N82 Deluxe

ok thanks man!

sorry for the old thread pumbage since my current mobo doesnt support sli im going to runt eh 2nd card as a physx card until sometime next month i get the new sli mobo :)

Back
Top Bottom