No video card?

Reila

Beta member
My old desktop died while it was getting fixed by some computer dude.
So I purchased a desktop from him. I got a systemax venture
After about a week I started having trouble with it. Then
I tried installing a game on it and it pops up this little window
saying " Unable to start game
Device 0 cannot run this title.
Your video card does not appear to support a least Shader Model 2.
please upgrade your card."

I looked in device manager and the only closes thing
that had something to do with video was a thing
called Video codecs. Does that mean theres no card or driver at all?

*sigh* :confused:

It sounds to me like either the drivers are not installed, or you only have integrated video.

Download GPU-Z, that will show you what you have.

It sounds to me like either the drivers are not installed, or you only have integrated video.

Download GPU-Z, that will show you what you have.

Okay i downloaded the GPU-Z
If im correct my video card thing is

RAGE 128 Pro Ultra GL AGP
the release date is 1998

Maybe I just need to update it?
Will that work? If so where can i get the newer version?

your gonna need a completely new graphics card cos as far as i know that card is ancient.
what games do you wanna play?

your gonna need a completely new graphics card cos as far as i know that card is ancient.
what games do you wanna play?

Yeah i figured out i am gonna need to buy a new graphics card.
Your right it is ancient its memory size is only 16mb.
I just bought sims3 put it in, installed it, didnt work.
So sad!

Computer dude ripped me off! :/

he didnt rip you off you should of checked the computer he was selling you and make sure it was what you wanted, its not his fault none of your games work, he probably didnt know you was gonna be gaming if he knew he would of put a better graphics card in it.

he didnt rip you off you should of checked the computer he was selling you and make sure it was what you wanted, its not his fault none of your games work, he probably didnt know you was gonna be gaming if he knew he would of put a better graphics card in it.

depending on how much "computer dude" charged him for the system he could easily have been ripped off, people go to "computer dudes" because they don't know what is what when it comes to computers, some "computer dudes" take advantage of that and throw systems together using outdated spare parts to maximize profit...

Yeah i figured out i am gonna need to buy a new graphics card.
Your right it is ancient its memory size is only 16mb.
I just bought sims3 put it in, installed it, didnt work.
So sad!

Computer dude ripped me off! :/

Careful when buying a new grahpics card.... a Rage 128 Pro is super MEGA ULTRA OLD lol......... it probably uses either a AGP slot or a PCI slot...so make sure and see what your motherboard can use and go from there. I think you are pretty much SOL with upgrading to any newer Graphics card like PCI-E 2.0 Etc...

Back
Top Bottom