Windows 7 Question

Another great free tool for finding out everything literally about a system is the System Info for Windows tool(SIW) found at http://www.gtopala.com/

That one provides a larger variety of information on programs as well as the hardwares!

As for downloading the 7 RCs you still have time for that if you feel the first download(s) were incomplete or simply bad or deleted by accident from the drive. The end of the availability still hasn't been specified at MS quite yet with the only indication of being extended into July.

To see either of the 32bit or 64bit RCs installed be prepared to reformat the existing Vista primary in order to perform a fresh clean install of 7 since it is still not a finished version while some progress has been seen in the RCs themselves.

The typical installation time runs about 20-25 minutes to reach the desktop with a fresh copy going on over the old 45min. seen for previous versions including Vista. Write down the product key seen when at the download page.

If that fails to work as seen here with the first RC install simply return to the download page and login again to get the next key seen. There are 15 total for the 32bit as well as 15 for the 64bit.

One last question lol, sry i aint very informed computer wise :)

Will i still be able to install windows 7 in mid-july even though i have the iso file on my desktop and burn it onto a DVD after i finish building my computer, it says that it will only be available until the end of june

Nope. The Windows 7 release candidate expires in June 2010, at which time it will stop functioning properly. You will then need to either uninstall it or install the final version of Win 7.

the RC will expire on June 1, 2010. To avoid interruption, you'll need to rebuild your test machine using a valid version of Windows before the software expires. Windows will notify you that the expiration process is beginning, and two weeks later your PC will begin shutting down every two hours.

Are you talking about mid July 2009? As of 3/1/2010 the RCs will start shutting down after every 2hrs. of use.

rcexpirationdate_1.jpg

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/faq.aspx is the Faq page to look for some general specifics on 7. Any time prior to the 3/1/2010 date you shouldn't have any problems with installation or reinstalling and activating 7.

This means you should uninstall after these dates?

no point in keeping it if it shuts off every two hours

The beta builds should upgraded to the RCs as soon as possible while you can still download them into July. Unfortunately MS hasn't specified if they will be available through the entire month or just so many days on that.

The release date for 7 will be 10/22/2009 months before the 3/1/2010 date arrives giving plenty of room for purchase of the finished product. In fact some retail chains are starting to plan specials for 7 to watch out for.

hi sry i got another dumb question.... when i downloaded the Windows 7RC from microsoft website, it said the size of the ISO filei s 3.5gb... when the download finished, i went to my desktop to find the ISO file and when i hover my mouse pointer at it, it only says File Size: 3.4gb im confused...does that mean that my download got corrupted and i gotta download it again or is that normal?

bump?

That's normally seen! Once on the drive the size difference is to be expected since there is no longer any drive space being reserved by the MS downloader itself.

If you are concerned about it being a bad download not generally the case seen with their download manager try burning the iso to an rw or make up a bootable usb key. You can even mount the iso on a separate partition/drive and use a program like VirtualDrive Clone to see a virtual dvd drive.

Back
Top Bottom