Windows 7 Build 7260 (leak?)

dude_56013

Fully Optimized
Okay, first off, I apologize if someone has brought this up already, but I've unexpectedly had a busy last couple of days.

Anyways, I was on TPB getting a TV show I missed and noticed that there is a Windows 7 Build 7260 out that's a leak (and possibly a 7264). (IDK what the previous one was...7100?). Anyways, apparently it's legit (from a few diff sources), and I was just wondering if I should download that one, or still get the 7100 Build from M.S. I was going to install it in a spare rig I've got.

Okay. Hold all of this (I'm researching while writing this).

I only see the 32-bit version in this new Build. So a new question; anyone know if there's a 64-bit?

Bah. Okay. That's all. Get back when you have time. This all seems to be from within the past week, so hopefully I'm not too behind on all of this.

Go with the trusted build from Microsoft.com. Build 7100. There is visually no difference between the 7100 RC and later versions until the actual release of it. Just for now, use 7100 RC from Microsoft.com.

I'm going to get the 7 RC today. I had one of the beta builds, and that was great.

I like Linux 'n all, and if ever I am lucky enough to have two machines, I will definatley have some form of linux on one of them... But a lot of the software I use is windows only. I know that people will go on at me about WINE (Which I used for Dreamweaver... EPICLY HIGH CPU usage) and OS Alternatives... But GIMP doesnt match Photoshop, and NVU doesnt match dreamweaver.

This post has gone seriously astray :p.

I don't know about anyone else but for me the RC boots up too slow. It does the whole boot screen thing then there is about a 20 second gap where all you see is black screen and the mouse. Then after that the welcome screen appears.

Back
Top Bottom