HELP!!! New computer won't boot

ndatoxicity

Daemon Poster
hey everyone, i just put together my comptuer what i thought was correctly... but it won't turn on...whats going on? is there anything i could recheck?

What do you mean buy "wont turn on"? Is there no power at all? Then try turning on the switch on the back of the power supply. . .

i did...i tried pressing the power button with it both ways.... :'(

i'm thinking maybe the power switch connector isnt on right...i dont think the power supply would be DOA....at least i hope not =\

make sure the 24 pin in the mobo is in all the way

Do you have another PSU you can try to hook up. Or can you switch that PSU to a working computer

Is it a break away 4 pin and a 20 pin connector for the 24 pin? Cuz sometimes that 4 pin doesnt get all the way in.

And if that is not it its time to check the parts to find the problem. I would start by Making sure that ALL the connections are in tight and in correctly. Then I would next go on to testing the PSU on a different computer or hooking up a known good PSU to the rig you just built.

its breakaway...ok.... it seems to be in, but thats a good idea

EDIT - its in all the way... =[

i also just saw the little green motherboard LED...that means it is getting power...so what the hell is going on

HELP

Ok i think i know the problem. You know where you plug your HDD light, restart button and power button things into?

Check those.

What is your motherboard specifically, like post a newegg link.

can you go on newegg and post the specs, i am having a hard ime finding it on the asus website.'

there is M4A78-em, and M4A78-pro

Back
Top Bottom