Windows 7 Question

OK. When you boot up to the Win 7 DVD, you will begin the installation process. Along the way, you will be asked for the key that you received when you originally downloaded the software. Just input the numbers and you're off and running.

ermmm i don get it, so when i boot up using the disk will i have to put in a CD Key or does it skip that part and allow you to make a user account and login straight away

You go to the Microsoft Win 7 RC download site. Sign up for the Win 7 RC download, Microsoft emails you a key. Download the ISO file, burn it to a DVD with ImgBurn (or any other DVD burning software you like) and boot your computer from the DVD that you burned. Your bios has to be set to boot from the DVD drive. Then installed Win 7 and when it asks for a key you type in the key you got when you signed up to download Win 7.

I think that's it...correct me if I missed anything.

[edit]

Man, do I lagg...AR is way faster than me!

You go to the Microsoft Win 7 RC download site. Sign up for the Win 7 RC download, Microsoft emails you a key. Download the ISO file, burn it to a DVD with ImgBurn (or any other DVD burning software you like) and boot your computer from the DVD that you burned. Your bios has to be set to boot from the DVD drive. Then installed Win 7 and when it asks for a key you type in the key you got when you signed up to download Win 7.

I think that's it...correct me if I missed anything.

[edit]

Man, do I lagg...AR is way faster than me!

Once you arrve at the download page the product key is displayed there. The first key used here didn't work so I emded going back a second time for another that worked on the spot. There are 15 total for the 32bit and another 15 for the 64bit RCs.

When finally arriving at the part where you choose the admin account or standard user account name and you move onto the next screen you can skip the product key to simply finish the installation. When going to activate however you click on the change product key option in the View Info screen to enter the key at that time if you choose to wait until everything is on and Windows is running good in case of a bad install for some reason.

The average installation time for most is a good 20 minutes with some reporting a complete install in as little as 12! I'm still trying to find out how they saw it go that fast while some had 8gb of memory over the 4gb here!

As many time as you need I suppose. I have downloaded it once, but got 7 key's for various machines I installed W7 on.

so i dont have to download it again to use it on another computer?and is there a way to find out what the specs of my sister's computer is? without having to open it up, its runnign windws vista

Back
Top Bottom