Windows not starting after updates

bernie1011

Solid State Member
I have recently installed the windows updates on my vista PC howver, when i come to turn it on, a messgae appears saying configuring updates: stage 3 of 3 - 0% complete. Please do not turn off your comouter. The usual message however, the percentage bar does not move for like 5 mins and then the computer shuts down.

It continues to do this so i need to find a way to start my computer without configuring the updates.

Can anyone help?
Thaaks

I believe, if you have it switched on, that Windows backs up what it's done in System Restore (Vista has this, right?).

Restart the computer and press F8 at bootup, and proceed to Safe Mode.

If this boot up fine (not sure if it will), run System Restore and restore back, before the updates were placed.

It won't enter safe mode, it continues to try and configure the updates.
Iv tries all sorts at boot page to start up in safe mode, last time it worked properly etc but the screen to config the updates continues to show up and then it switches off

pop in the vista disc, then go to the recovery bit, and it should have a system restore option.

Iv popped in the vista disk but it wont load the cd. I can hear the computer loading the disk but the config updates screen still appears. Do i have to press any button or anything for the computer to boot from the disk and not the actual HD
thanks

Yeah, you have to set it to boot from CD/DVD. Usually you can hit F10 and select it, but sometimes you have to go into the BIOS and change your boot order. That is usually F2 or delete.

Back
Top Bottom