Trouble deciding

KynKayd

Solid State Member
I built my computer system 2 years ago, upgraded from the original video card to a different one about a year ago, to a ATI HD 2400 256mb pci express.

My system runs good, except for in some games, I have to run on low settings, one is Crysis. I have a Epox MF4 Ultra Mobo. runnin 4 gigs of ram, Vista Ultimate 64 bit sp2. AMD Anthalon 64x2 4600 (2.41 Ghz) proc.

My PCI-E is x16 and I got 2 PCI-E x1, I guess My question is, what would be a good video card to upgrade too? Mind you I do prefer AMD/ATI but if need be I can stray from it. I have around 200-250 to spend on a new video card. Am lookin for 512MB+ and something that will get better FPS on Crysis on higher settings. Oh I have a 32inch HDMI TV/Monitor that I use.

Thanks for any help that I get.

alright, just one question, being that my mobo isn't 2.0 will that card still work? thats why I was wanting peoples oppion cause I wasn't sure if 2.0's would work with the 1.0 slots. Thanks again for the help

then that won't work

then that won't work

You don't know anything.

It will work fine. PCI 2.0 slots just allow more bandwidth to travel. Most cards can't even begin to hit anything close to the max of 1.0. You will be fine. What is the resolution of the t.v.? It it's 1336x766? you can get a 4850 or even a 4830 and save yourself some money. A card which is too powerful will bottleneck because of your processor.

You don't know anything.

It will work fine. PCI 2.0 slots just allow more bandwidth to travel. Most cards can't even begin to hit anything close to the max of 1.0. You will be fine. What is the resolution of the t.v.? It it's 1336x766? you can get a 4850 or even a 4830 and save yourself some money. A card which is too powerful will bottleneck because of your processor.

wow, I don't know what the hell was on my mind when i wrote that

You don't know anything.

16:9 LCD panel

With a 1366 x 768 HDTV resolution and a 7500:1 dynamic contrast ratio

thats the resolution of the T.V. and I got a 550Watt PSU. Just looked inside the case.

Back
Top Bottom