Audigy Lagging

lucid15

Solid State Member
So i installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 on my machine. But, it appears whenever there is any excessive (barely any) CPU use, the audio lags, does not matter what application the sound is coming from. (scrolling on internet explorer while a clip is playing, browsing with itunes.. etc...) I tried downloading new drivers from SoundBlaster but it did not seem to work. It either didnt detect my Audigy Card or it didnt solve the issue. Mobo chipset drivers are up to date as well. Any Suggestions?

also, i lag in most games. Games like CSS run pretty smooth, but when i first got my computer it ran smoother. Now when i play Bioshock and such, it lags and most games do. I know my computer can run these games like butter, but i dont think its because i have windows 7. It ran games fine in Vista. Could this be a sign of my video card going out as well?

what are your pc specs

Windows 7 is in its beta stages and therefore could still have bugs like that

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 OC'd to 3.2 GHZ. 3GB DDr2800 MHZ Corsair 4-4-4-12. EVGA NVIDIA 8800 GTX.

how would i begin to isolate what the problem is?

So i noticed when opening up the NVIDIA Control panel under the system information tab, it says my IRQ is 16 and my Bus is PCI Express x1. shouldnt this be 16?

irq is a unique id given to a computer part that allows the parts to communicate with each other and pci express x1 is the name of the slot the part is in

the computer should run fine with those parts

was windows 7 always installed on the computer

No, it was doing the same thing on Vista though recently, it did not use to. So the PCI Express x1 shouldnt be a threat at all? Cause my card is obviously PCI Express x16...?

well if it ran good before it shouldn't be a hardware issue, do u have all your drivers installed

Yup, Chipset mobo drivers, Graphics driver, and Sound Card driver installed. just tried 3dmark, and got a 5060 score... pathetic... i used to get around 10k

Ya the only drivers i installed were the latest.

well, i even tried getting audio drivers for my mobo and switching all sound to onboard, still skips and such. and tried going back to the Audigy, same result.

Definitely appears to be a driver issue. As if the computer goes to sleep, say overnight, it takes awhile to wake it up, and when it finally goes to the desktop it said the driver has recovered from a serious error. This also happened on Vista.

Back
Top Bottom