Gaming Rig

Would you recommend Vista Home Premium 64-bit?
Will that be OK?

That would work fine. If you get 4G ram and add more later the 64 bit system will be able to access it.

If you feel adventurous you could get Vista Home Premium 64 bit, set it aside for now, and play with Win 7. Just keep in mind that you will have to reinstall your OS from scratch later like PokerDegenerate said!

That would work fine. If you get 4G ram and add more later the 64 bit system will be able to access it.

If you feel adventurous you could get Vista Home Premium 64 bit, set it aside for now, and play with Win 7. Just keep in mind that you will have to reinstall your OS from scratch later like PokerDegenerate said!

I only do clean installs when it is TOTALLY necessary.
I get sick at the thought of configuring my home network, reinstalling Flight Simulator, getting all the pictures, hooking up all those wires, and everything.
I only do it when it is necessary.
No point to getting it now and setting it aside, if I really was feeling adventurous I would buy Windows 7, and get Vista when it is cheaper.
But I am not feeling adventurous so I am going with Vista.

What am I going to say to my dad in March?

What is the saying...Oh Yeah!

"Sometimes it is easier to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission."

[Of course, I don't recommend you try this with your dad, I just think it is a cool quote!]

But I am not feeling adventurous so I am going with Vista.

Smart, make sure you give PokerDegenerate some rep, he was the one to remind us of the fact that Win 7 would only be a temporary install.

What is the saying...Oh Yeah!

"Sometimes it is easier to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission."

[Of course, I don't recommend you try this with your dad, I just think it is a cool quote!]

Hehe since my Dad is tech-savy, I could just lie, and say if we don't get Windows 7, we will get Conficker, as my parents tell me to pay their bills online, and they know what Conficker does.
But I will not ruin the trust my dad has in me over a stupid OS.

Smart, make sure you give PokerDegenerate some rep, he was the one to remind us of the fact that Win 7 would only be a temporary install.

Forgive me, but I'm new to this forum, how do I do that?

Russel said:
...make sure you give PokerDegenerate some rep, he was the one to remind us of the fact that Win 7 would only be a temporary install.

Forgive me, but I'm new to this forum, how do I do that?

Go to PokerDegenerate's post, click on the little scale, choose "I approve" and type something nice in the little box.

Rep.jpg

Ok Thanks.
It was so funny because I went on your profile and I realized that you could see what the person was doing, which thread he was viewing etc.
I looked and it said looking at thread "Gaming Rig" and I was anxiously waiting for you to reply, it was a "You had to be there moment"

Well I made up my mind.
I'm ordering off Newegg.
I gave my dad $800 he gave me his credit card :D
I only gave him $800 as he said it's his gift to cover the rest.
I'm going with Vista.
I was wondering if you guys would make any changes to the list I was given here, or are all the parts there good?

Edit: Never mind, processor comes with fan...
Sorry about that

So my final price is now 899.91 Vista Home Premium included?
Ok do I have everything covered?
I'm ordering in two-three hours.

I need another DVD drive!
The recommended one is out!
Is there another one just as good?

Is this one ok?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118030

I have that Drive and it works good so far. I have only had it since January so only about 5 months but so far so good and it is a customer choice award.

Could you post a complete list of all the parts you are ordering since there has been a few suggestions throughout the thread. It would be easier to see if you would post a complete build list of all the parts you are ordering. :D Thanks :D

Back
Top Bottom